Thursday, June 4, 2009

THE WORLD CAN CHANGE

The Bright Side
I am a cynic and I make no apologies for that.

I must also admit that I intensely dislike all politicians. I view them all with great scepticism.

However, in a world where extremely poor leadership has been in control for decades, there is a breath of hope that is emerging.

I am growing to admire Barack Obama.

His latest success was his speech in Cairo on the Israeli/Palestinian situation. You can read it at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31102929/

Thus far, one cannot help but admire his grace, charm, balanced opinion and eloquence.

Given time and continuity, I think that the image of the obnoxious, arrogant American bully can change. That alone would be a great accomplishment.

The people of the United States of America, indeed of the world, should be proud of this refreshing brand of leadership. This has been absent from the world stage for far too long.

We ought to pray that he continues his good work and live a long, healthy life. I think that we will be all blessed in that way.

Our leaders will do well to emulate President Obama’s leadership style.

No comments:

Post a Comment