Friday, June 26, 2009

Joy in My World

THE BRIGHT SIDE
Sparks of joy lighten a dark world and keep hope beating eternal in man’s breast.

Yesterday, my youngest daughter received her SEA results and made the cut for her first choice school, Bishop Anstey High School. This school remains one of our more prestigious girls’ schools.

This achievement was uniquely hers and did not require any of the planned intervention that I would have implemented to secure her a solid secondary education.

Some folks criticized me for not having the faith that she could and would do it on her own.

We all think and act differently and that is what makes life so interesting.

Faith is wonderful and fantastic but in my life I learned that many times, God appreciates a helping hand and helps those who constructively plan to help themselves.

To those who may not agree with me say this, unless you have a clear “what if” plan, you may well be flying by the seat of your pants and trusting to luck.

Today I am filled with pride and joy and wish to share this with you.

I congratulate all the SEA successes. To those who may be disappointed, please remember that life does not end with SEA. If I may use the hackneyed adage, “Life is but a journey, not a destination.” There will be opportunities to come. Understanding what happened and working to correct it, can lead to future success.

No comments:

Post a Comment